- We gave more than 50,000 Beaverton 4th grade students a personalized dictionary; we also gave dozens of high school graduates more than $700,000 in post-high school scholarships for college or vocational education. Additionally, we shipped over two million books around the world to schools serving children in third world countries.
- We distributed nearly $425,000 in grants to our community partners for a variety of projects that may never have come to be without Rotary’s help.
- We sponsored more than 100 Rotary youth exchange students so they could learn how to increase world understanding by hosting youth from other countries and living a year abroad with a Rotary family.
- We funded nearly $350,000 international grants focused on building capacity for others to create their businesses and become self-sustaining.
- In the area of health, we donated nearly $350,000 to pay for dental work for economically disadvantaged children in our community. And, after more than three decades, Rotary’s efforts to eradicate polio worldwide is nearly complete.
Beaverton Rotary welcomes anyone in our community to join us in creating a better, more peaceful world. Send us a message if you’d like more information.
Officers & Board Members:
Ralph Shoffner, President
Frank Appel, Vice-President
Bob Brandon, Secretary
Steve Schmidt, Treasurer
Doug Whitton, Asst Treasurer
John LaPlante / Doug Taylor