CEYP Scholarship Application
Beaverton Rotary Club
CEYP Scholarship Application Process
General Information & Instructions to Applicants:
Annually, the Beaverton Rotary Club’s CEYP Committee awards a total of up to four (4) $1,000 scholarships to students desiring to pursue higher education. Each scholarship is for one year and is renewable upon proof of satisfactory academic performance.
The deadline for submission of the completed application is April 15, 2016. Scholarship applications must be submitted to the CEYP Administrator in accordance with the schedule herein.
Scholarships will be awarded to up to four (4) students intending to pursue a one to four year program of study directly related to her/his educational goal. Scholarships are available for academic interests at universities, community colleges, private proprietary schools (beauty schools, culinary institutes, business schools, etc.) or other recognized training programs. Eligible applicants must graduate from the CEYP Program during the 2015-2016 school year.
Scholarship recipients showing satisfactory progress at the completion of their first year, may apply for an additional year(s).
Initial applicants and renewal applicants will be selected on the basis of clarity of educational goals, academic progress, need and their completion of the application and interview process.
All elements of the application must be completed and returned to the CEYP Coordinators Office no later than 3:30 pm on Friday, April 15, 2016. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Although the committee will make every effort to accommodate scheduling conflicts, applicants who are not available for the interview will not be considered for a scholarship.
- Complete the application form. It should be typed or neatly hand written. You may complete the application in an electronic format, but a hardcopy with original signatures must be submitted. Attach additional sheets if necessary.
- Personal Reference forms. You must include two (2) personal references, at least one of which should be educational, community service or employment based. The persons you select must know you well and be able to comment on your character, reliability, scholarship and commitment. Relatives will not be considered as a personal reference.
- Copy of high school transcript (and college transcript, if requesting a renewal). Certified copies are not required.
- There are two (2) essay questions at the end of the application. Please choose one of the two questions and respond to it completely. The response to the questions should be typed and one or two pages in length.
- Successful applicants must participate in a personal interview with the Beaverton Rotary CEYP Scholarship Committee. The CEYP Administrator will notify selected applicants for scheduling their interview. Interviews will be done on Thursday, May 5th, 2016.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the CEYP Senior Brunch. The Breakfast will be held on Wednesday, May 25th at St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church, 11265 SW Cabot St., Beaverton, OR 97005.
- Scholarship applicants will be recognized and introduced at a regular meeting of the Beaverton Rotary Club.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the CEYP Administrator, at Merlo Station or contact the Beaverton Rotary CEYP Committee Chair, Bill Crist at (503) 705-6886.