Welcome to the Rotary Club of Beaverton
Where friendships grow and our service impacts lives since 1959!
We are an organization of local business and professional leaders dedicated to humanitarian service in everyday life, high ethical standards in business and professions, and promoting understanding and goodwill through community and international programs.
In light of all that is going on with the coronavirus and COVID-19, we have decided to cancel our in-person meetings for the time being. We have elected to take a cautious approach, as the health and safety of our members is very important. We will keep you posted as to when we will be resuming our weekly in-person meetings. In the meantime, please see our calendar for our schedule of Zoom meetings and email us for a Zoom link.
At Rotary, we have no tolerance for racism. Promoting respect, celebrating diversity, demanding ethical leadership, and working tirelessly to advance peace are central tenets of our work. We have more work to do to create more just, open and welcoming communities for all people. We know there are no easy fixes and that challenging conversations and work lie before all of us. Rotary’s strength has long been our ability and commitment to bringing people together. We will tap into that strength now as we stand with those who are working for peace and justice.
Rotary will do our part to listen, learn and take action to ensure that we continue to contribute to making positive change.
Beaverton Rotary Celebrates 60 Years of Service
What a celebration! Inspired by Rotary’s motto, “Service Above Self”, more than 100 Beaverton Rotarians, community partners and friends gathered to spotlight 60 years of devotion to building a better community here and around the world. Our 60 years of work includes projects such as:
- We gave more than 50,000 Beaverton 4th grade students a personalized dictionary; we also gave dozens of high school graduates more than $700,000 in post-high school scholarships for college or vocational education. Additionally, we shipped over two million books around the world to schools serving children in third world countries.
- We distributed nearly $425,000 in grants to our community partners for a variety of projects that may never have come to be without Rotary’s help.
- We sponsored more than 100 Rotary youth exchange students so they could learn how to increase world understanding by hosting youth from other countries and living a year abroad with a Rotary family.
- We funded nearly $350,000 international grants focused on building capacity for others to create their own businesses and become self-sustaining.
- In the area of health, we donated nearly $350,000 to pay for dental work for economically disadvantaged children in our community. And, after more than three decades, Rotary’s efforts to eradicate polio worldwide is nearly complete.
Beaverton Rotary welcomes anyone in our community to join us in creating a better, more peaceful world.